UnitedHealthcare® HouseCalls offers a yearly check-in with a member of UnitedHealthcare®’s licensed medical staff. This appointment is in the convenience of a member’s home and included in a member’s plan at no cost to the member. It is a great way for members to stay up to date on their health between regular doctor’s visits.
A health care practitioner, a physician’s assistant, medical doctor, or nurse practitioner, comes to you at the scheduled time. The clinician completes a health evaluation, including a physical exam and other important screenings, then you decide what happens next.
You can discuss questions to ask your doctor at your next appointment, review instructions from your last doctor’s appointment, or chat about other health concerns you haven’t had a chance to talk to your doctor about. Whatever you need.
The visit takes about 45-minutes to an hour – plenty of time to answer all your important health questions.
Your practitioner will even send a summary of your HouseCalls visit to your doctor.
There’s no additional cost for a HouseCalls visit, it’s a feature of your medical plan if you are a member.
So, if you get a phone call from UnitedHealthcare®’s HouseCalls team – take advantage of this great program and schedule your HouseCalls visit. Or just call and make an appointment!
For UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plan members who participated in a HouseCalls program visit:
- Members had up to 14 percent fewer hospital admissions during the 12 months following a home visit.
- The risk of a nursing home admission was significantly reduced.
- Through HouseCalls, UnitedHealthcare becomes an extra set of eyes and ears in the patient’s home environment, to help identify care opportunities that might not show up during an office visit.
The Visit is 45–60 Minutes and Includes:
- A head-to-toe exam including health screenings and a review of their medications.
- Personalized one-on-one attention driven by their needs.
- Support and access to additional resources, if needed, to help the member reach their health goals.
In summary, HouseCalls is a yearly health and wellness visit that happens in the privacy of your very own home. No driving to an appointment. No sitting in a waiting room.
For more information see: https://www.uhchousecalls.com/content/house-calls/en/UHCHouseCalls.html