fbpx

Ashford Insurance

About

Ashford Insurance is an Independent Marketing Organization working with United HealthCare Medicare Solutions.

 Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for ‘lorem ipsum’ will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. 

 

Grapevine Medicare Plans

Ashford

Insurance

Medicare Insurance Made Easy

Grapevine Medicare Plans

The Different Parts of Medicare

Part A (hospital insurance) helps pay for inpatient hospital stays, skilled nursing facilities, home health care, hospice, and other related services.

Part B (medical insurance) helps pay for medically necessary doctors’ services, lab work, and other outpatient care. You pay a premium (cost) if you want this coverage.

Part C (Medicare Advantage plans) are provided by private health plans and include all of your Medicare-covered medical benefits (Parts A and B) plus extra benefits. You must have Medicare Parts A and B to apply for a Medicare Advantage plan.

Part D (prescription drug coverage) is offered through private health plans. It can be either a stand-alone prescription drug plan (PDP) or a Medicare Advantage prescription drug plan (MA-PD) that combines medical (Parts A and B) and drug coverage (Part D). You must have Medicare Parts A and B to qualify

Coverage Choices

You have 4 basic choices if you are eligible for Medicare:

  1. You can rely on Original Medicare (Parts A and B) to provide your coverage. Original Medicare is managed by the federal government and provides Medicare Part A (hospital) coverage and Part B (medical) coverage. Usually, a fee is charged for each health care service or supply that one gets. This fee is in addition to the Medicare Part B premium, which you must pay each month. Original Medicare is available to all people who are 65 years of age and older, or people who qualify through disability. What many people don’t know is that Original Medicare doesn’t cover everything. Original Medicare only pays about 80% of your expenses. The remaining 20% is your responsibility, and it could add up to thousands of dollars each year.
  2. You can choose a Medicare Advantage plan (Part C) and get all of the benefits you may be entitled to under Original Medicare plus extra benefits like annual physicals, vision, hearing, prescriptions, reimbursements for eyewear, fitness, wellness programs, and acupuncture, plus optional dental coverage. With some monthly premiums as low as $0, worldwide emergency and urgent care, and a cap on your out-of-pocket medical expenses, Medicare Advantage plans offer more predictability and peace of mind than relying on Original Medicare alone.
  3. You can choose a Medicare Supplement plan to provide all of the benefits you may be entitled to under Original Medicare plus extras. A Medicare Supplement plan is a health insurance plan that may be purchased in addition to Original Medicare coverage. Medicare Supplement plans are designed to fill “coverage gaps” in Original Medicare. With a Medicare Supplement plan, you must purchase a separate prescription drug plan if you want prescription drug coverage.
  4. You can add a prescription drug plan (Part D) to Original Medicare by joining a Medicare prescription drug plan. A Part D prescription drug plan can help you save money even if you don’t take a lot of prescription drugs. Some Medicare Advantage (part C) plans also include Medicare Part D coverage. Stand-alone prescription drug plans can be combined with Original Medicare or a Medicare Supplement plan. If you’re eligible to join a Medicare prescription drug plan and choose not to enroll, you may have to pay a late enrollment penalty when you do join.

Call Ashford Insurance today for no-cost assistance: 817-952-3153.