The Medicare Phone Number: 1-800-medicare
Medicare Made Easy
The Medicare Phone Number: 1-800-medicare
If you have questions about Medicare, 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) is the official Medicare phone number that beneficiaries may call for help with their coverage, claims, payments and more. You may call 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and help is available in both English and Spanish as well as for the hearing impaired (the TTY Medicare toll-free line is 1-877-486-2048).
When you call 1-800-MEDICARE, please be sure you have your Medicare number available before calling, you will be asked to say or key in your Medicare number, including letters and you will be able to:
- Listen to the status of your claims.
- Find out your current deductible status.
- Listen to your current prescription drug plan enrollment.
- Get more help with your Medicare questions.
- Order Medicare publications. (Some are available in large print, Spanish, audio-tape, and Braille.
If you are not currently enrolled in Medicare, or do not know your Medicare number, you may still access information or ask questions at 1-800-MEDICARE. If you are not a Medicare beneficiary and simply want information, you will have the opportunity to select from choices including billing, claims, drug coverage, and preventive services so that your call can be directed as required.
You will have the option of selecting “other choices,” which include enrollment, limited income, and publications. If none of the choices you hear matches the topic you are calling about, you can select “other questions” and your call will be directed to a Medicare representative who can provide further help.
What to expect when calling 1-800-MEDICARE – the main directory
The main directory is where you will be asked what you are calling about. You can either say any of the prompts out loud as listed above, or you can simply press the number associated with each menu option:
- Claim status
- Coverage and benefits
- Premium payments
- Preventive exams
If none of the above options apply to your need, you can say “help me with something else” or “agent,” or you can press the number 0 or the number 6.
If you want Medicare to be able to give your personal information to someone other than you, you need to fill out an “Authorization to Disclose Personal Health Information.” This form is available in Spanish.
For specific billing questions and questions about your claims, medical records, or expenses, log into MyMedicare.gov, or call us at 1-800-MEDICARE.
Visit MyMedicare.gov to learn more about the features and benefits of Medicare and to view the latest information on your claims. MyMedicare.gov is Medicare’s secure online service for accessing your personal Medicare information. For immediate access to your claims information, visit www.mymedicare.gov on the web to register for this site.
As a registered user of MyMedicare.gov, you can access your personalized information regarding your Medicare benefits and services. You can use MyMedicare.gov to:
- View claim status (excluding Part D claims)
- Order a duplicate Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) or replacement Medicare card.
- View eligibility, entitlement, and preventive services information
- View enrollment information including prescription drug plans
- View or modify your drug list and pharmacy information
- View address of record with Medicare and Part B deductible status
- Access online forms, publications, and messages sent to you by CMS
Remember, if you are hearing impaired or speech impaired use the TTY line toll-free to call for Medicare information at 1-877-486-2048.
- This number is for the hearing and speech impaired.
- TTY (also known as Teletypewriter) is a terminal used for two-way text conversation over a telephone line. It is the primary tool used by deaf people (and some hard-of-hearing people) for telephone conversation.
If you have further questions or concerns, contact the Medicare administration directly at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
For technical assistance relating to MyMedicare.gov only, call 1-877-607-9663. For all other issues concerning Medicare, you should call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY: 1-877-486-2048).
Sonia, “The Medicare Insurance Lady”, has been helping Medicare eligibles in Texas with their Medicare Insurance now since 2005. She has been married to John Ashford since 1982 and they reside in Bedford, Texas. They have six adult children and nine adorable grandchildren that they love to spoil. In Sonia’s limited spare time she enjoys quilting and crafting.
Need help? Call us for an appointment at (817) 952-3153
Get In touch
* A licensed sales agent may call or e-mail as a result of completing the information to discuss Medicare Advantage, Prescription Drug Plans or Medicare Supplement Insurance.