Ashford Insurance


Ashford Insurance is an Independent Marketing Organization working with United HealthCare Medicare Solutions.

 Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for ‘lorem ipsum’ will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. 


Hurst Medicare Plans



Medicare Insurance Made Easy

Hurst Medicare Plans

Demystifying Medicare: Understanding Supplemental Plans and Advantage Options

Navigating the world of Medicare can feel like deciphering a complex code. But fear not! This article aims to shed light on two key options: Medicare Supplemental Plans (Medigap) and Medicare Advantage Plans.

Medicare Supplemental Plans (Medigap): Filling the Gaps

Think of Medigap as your financial safety net for Original Medicare. While Original Medicare covers 80% of Part B expenses, you’re responsible for the remaining 20% through deductibles, coinsurance, and copayments. These unforeseen costs can add up quickly and cause financial stress.

Here’s where Medigap comes in:

  • Peace of mind: Medigap plans cover that 20% for you, offering financial protection and peace of mind.
  • Different levels of coverage: Choose from various Medigap plans (A-N) with varying coverage levels to fit your specific needs and budget.
  • Flexibility: You can keep your Original Medicare doctors and hospitals.

However, remember:

  • Premiums: Medigap plans have monthly premiums, which can be higher than some Advantage plans.
  • Eligibility: You must already be enrolled in Original Medicare to qualify for a Medigap plan.

Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C): The All-in-One Package

If you’re looking for a comprehensive approach to Medicare, consider Advantage Plans. These plans, offered by private insurance companies, bundle Parts A and B and often include additional benefits like:

  • Lower co-payments and deductibles: Compared to Original Medicare, many Advantage plans offer lower out-of-pocket costs.
  • Dental, vision, and hearing coverage: Enhance your healthcare with benefits not included in Original Medicare.
  • Prescription drug coverage: Convenience of having your prescription coverage within your Medicare plan.

Important points to consider:

  • Network providers: Most Advantage plans have networks of doctors and hospitals. You’ll need to stay within the network for covered services unless your plan allows out-of-network coverage.
  • Premiums: While some Advantage plans may have lower monthly premiums than Medigap, they often come with network restrictions or limited coverage options.
  • Enrollment: You must be enrolled and stay enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B to participate in an Advantage plan.

Finding the Right Fit: A Personalized Approach

Choosing the best option for you depends on your individual needs, budget, and healthcare priorities. Here’s where we can help!

  • Compare plans and benefits: We’ll guide you through the maze of options to find the plan that best fits your unique needs and budget.
  • Consider your circumstances: We’ll take into account your medical conditions, preferred providers, and financial situation to make an informed recommendation.
  • No pressure, clear answers: We’ll provide unbiased information and answer your questions to ensure you make the right decision for your health and well-being.

Don’t let Medicare confusion hold you back! Contact us today for a personalized consultation and navigate the world of Medicare with confidence.

Additional Resources: